Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whirlwind holiday wrap up! (Jan 5, 2009)

The Holidays literally whizzed by before I could mail out most of our christmas cards. What can you do? You can't fight city hall.
Christmas eve found us at Chez G'no. Where Soozie decided immediately if not sooner that she adored Michael. She crawled in his lap and dog breathed him immensely. She even slept on the air mattress in the office with us. Yes, Mom & dad came up for the holidays, which was so nice.
Christmas Morning was a flurry of torn christmas wrappings, tissue paper, and fudge for breakfast. (Michael and I decided that Christmas Morning is the only time that cookies and fudge are acceptable breakfast foods, and induldge we did.)
I received so many presents that I confess, I am very spoiled. We all donned the pretty green bow on our foreheads for photographic memories. I must say, It suited me lovely. Lyns & I sang Elvis' "Mama Loved the Roses" & "Why can't every day be like Christmas" with our best lip curls and shakey legs. It was a treat.
We played a game called Things. Trust me, it is a must play. I laughed so hard I had tears. Granted, I laugh often, but you know what I mean... Next time you are in a group, pull it out, play it. People will laugh. It's amusing.
Christmas night the Michael & I went back to our apartment for our lil' personal christmas. We received gifts from Washington (not the state, but the family that resides there), and from each other. We also got a call from his parents, and his daughter, who got her cell phone for christmas.
For new years, we went to Georgia. It was a rush thru trip of whirlwind status. It felt like all we did was drive, turn around and drive more. During Mike's walking tour of the twin cities...We did see 2 armadillo figurines in the lovely metropolis of McCaysville, Ga. We stopped long enough to snap a storefront window picture of us and the armadillo. And we purchased the 2nd armadillo, a stuffie whom we named Armie for a steal deal of only $2!!
On our fast paced trek to the peachstate,
I did get to see Grandma, which was so nice! AND my girlies. They are my favorites!
There was a mini fireworks display in their driveway, gracias to their dad, my boyfriend and their uncle.
I had to laugh at the kids who were yelling "Save it for the 12 o'clock!!! Save it for the 12 o'clock!"
After the men did not, indeed, save the Homemade yet explosive G'bye-2008-Hello-2009!fireworks extravaganza, for the 12 o'clock.... I took Mike down to the Peachdrop. It was a mess! There were so many people there we were crowded in and, tada...I got a lil' panicky. It seemed like there was no way out. Fortunately, when the new year struck, Michael kissed me, a few someones high fived me ( I love ringing in the new year with a high five, lets me know all is right with the world.) and some random soul handed me a sparkler.
And of course, I did what everyone does when they have a sparkler in hand, I whirled it around in little circles until it burnt out.
And if you think of it truly, sparklers bring the lame to all festivities.
On our way back to Maryland, we took turns driving, stopping for a sleep over in Lexington, Va. And Armie took the scenic tour of the trip, sitting proudly on the dashboard for all to see...
I confessed to my sweetie-sweet, that if it gets out that we don't have a song, but the Armadillo, we will be covered over in Armadillo figurines. He laughed and said "I know!"

No comments:

Post a Comment