Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The way you make me feel (Jul 26, 2009)

So, notsomuch in lieu of the recent untimely passing of Michael Jackson, and moresomuch in just being zany....

Michael and I were lounging in bed the other morning.
I was head on his chest.
He was arms around me, holding me to him.

The sun was filtering through our closed mini blinds. Jess had already jumped ship and was out in the living room. Wondering where were with her eats, no doubt.

I lazily snuggled in closer to him.
I said "You make me laugh."
He said "You make ME laugh."
I said "You make me feel...so...lucky."
He paused as if he were deeply trying to conjure his thoughts from somewhere in the depths of his soul.

He then took a breath and said "The way you make me feel? You really turn me on. You knock me off of my feet now baby."
I raised my brow in questioning and asked "All your lonely days are gone?"
He answered with a nod and said "Atta-woo! Ch'mon girl!"

And that, my friend, is what is known as the Odenton tribute to MJ.
Forget the plethora of kiosks at Arundel Mills displaying all the Michael Jackson goods. And there are a lot of them to speak of...
I'm talking goods that range from when he was a little black boy to a beloved early 80's icon, to a weird jesus juice makin' man.
They've covered the many phases of Michael in an attempt to cash in on his death....

But the real tribute comes when your man poetically quotes the man who got torched at a pepsi commerical, to you, while lounging in bed, before greeting the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment