Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shoot your lawnmower! Baby, it's cold outside! (Dec 23, 2008)

Aol, my favorest search engine had a 'weird criminals' feature today. Kinda a year in review type deal.
Of course, It was a MUST that I click it.
So, I did.
And I have an instant new hero. No, he wasn't a man who saved a bank heist, or something grandiose like that.
In fact, he was more of the 'featured on COPS in Milwaukee' breed. The quote he was quoted as saying, quite possibly could be in the running for quote of the year. (It's up against Lyns' quote: "Fat kids are my favorite.....to push down.")
The quote is: "It's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want," ~Keith Walendowski. The man apparently shot his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.
It doesn't get any more quotable than that.

Regardless, I woke up this morning to be greeted by a balmy 17 degrees F. With a wind advisory making it feel like it was 2 degrees.
If you are asking my opinion 2 degrees is a ridiculous temperature. Rest assured I got the hottest shower ever, and a phone call from Mike telling me to be safe on the drive to work.
I whined that I didn't want to go, and neither did Chloe (Who has been a weekend houseguest at our apartment this wknd while the Gnos strutted their stuff down in Georgia.)

The dog has received the treatment Royale from Michael & myself. We decided that since she is french by breed...she puts Le in front of a lot of words...to honor her heritage. For example:
Gimme some more Le Turkey Bacon.
It amused us for a bit coming up with different sayings. Sue us, it takes little to amuse us.
We've been in the holiday spirit... Here's a lil' review for anyone who cares...

Saturday day, I packed in my last lil' meager bit of shopping. Mistake. At FiveBelow I got stuck in line in front of Trendie McTrenderson and her brood of offpsring. (Whom she called Honeygirl) I wanted to vomit. She repeatedly told Honeygirl not to whine and how she hadn't whined all day and she was her good lil' honeygirl.....I don't know if you can see why I was ready to punch honeygirl's mom in her ovary...but the line was long (30 minutes long) and the entire half hour was filled to overflowing with commentary from Honeygirl's mom.

Saturday night, we did have a vodka rific good time making our 1st annual Gingerbread House. (I was the one Vodka-a-rificing.) It isn't a lovely Gingerbread House, and I'm sure if there was a gingerbread house neighborhood, this one would be in the smudgey low rent drug infested cul de sac....I'm just saying...

The day before was Fudge Friday... My Mykull helped to make his first ever batch of fudge. He looked at me with astonishment and said "We don't BAKE it?" It still makes me smile thinking of expression.

Last night we lit the first candle, and spun the dreidels.

And if not tonight then tomorrow..I think it's christmas lights at Howard County Hospital. Which sounds weird, but when we drove by the other night on the way to Columbia Mall, it was fantastique exclaimation point! It was a plethora, an array, a driving tour of twinkly-holly-jolly-jingle-bells-all-the-way lights! A must see for the pad-sum duo.
And this week, we are making a trek to DC to see the National Tree.

Oh how I love the holidays...and opening our lil' mailbox to find yet another christmas card for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment