Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Start Spreading the News (Oct 20, 2008)

Turns out, Michael and I did NOT make a trip up to NYC. It wasn't in the cards for this weekend.
We knew if we went to Manhattan, there is no way we'd make it back to The Gno's house on Saturday for the Birthday Party Fiesta para Dave.
Not logically, anyway.
Who could squeeze in all the sights and sounds and street vending hotdoggers AND still have time to put our party shoes on to get down in Pennslyvania? No one I know, that's who.
Instead, I relished the ENTIRE weekend with my lil' man.
Saturday Pre-party morning, we lounged and were deliciously lazy. I made late brunch for us (Scrambled eggs & Turkey bacon).
Will called for a saturday morning chat. Even spoke to Mikely. He gave us sound as a pound advice for when we actually DO travel to the Big Apple.
After the will-a-talk-a-thon, Mike and I finished watching the Love Guru.
We Mariska Hargitay-ed our Indian Neighbors as they walked past our patio. (I love their Ganesh that rides shotgun on their dashboard.)
We got ready to make it to Lyns' before the other party-iers came, so's we could squeeze in some Chloe Jane time.
Upon arrival, Mz Chloe ran amuck, or did "The Mess Around" as Mike says. (Quoting from Plains Trains & Automobiles)
Lyns put her hallows eve costume on the pup. (The Bee) She ran around the house with much rapidity, sliding and skidding to entice her Michael to play.
It worked. He loves that pup.
He held her, he massaged her. She was in heaven. After the Chloe Michelle playtime, Lynsey, Mike & I got the appetizers ready. Or the Whores Durvs. As Lyns & I lovingly referred to them.
Michael helped by being tall and reaching for things in the backs of cabinets. He climbed on step stools, he provided giggles, he even drove us to pick up the pizza pies and the bag of ice.
I love that he helps out. It makes me feel so happy and cherished that he would be quick to lend a hand for not only me but my family as well.
It makes me want to kiss him full on the lips.
Michael made my sister laugh so hard that HE cried. She was doing a rapid fire series of photog. She would call out a scenario and we were to 'as a team' make a face that would fit said scenario.
"You just got a new bike for christmas!"
"You are begging for birthday cake!"
And the one that brought such laughter from Lyns was:
"You just found out that Santa isn't real!"
We both pulled sad faces, but it was Michael's expression that made Lynsey laugh too hard to get an in focus picture.
My man mumbled with disheartenedness "He's NOT real?"
We had cake. Devon showed me that he had lost two teeth.
I said "WOW! Did the tooth fairy come to your house?"
He said yes indeed the fairy did drop by and left a George Washington for each tooth.
Lynsey said "A DOLLAR? The toothfairy TOOK money from me! She showed up with holes in her joggers, a cigerette that needed to be ashed, thick blue eye shadow, and I Had to pay her!"
I started laughing. I said "But she did have those fake fairy wings."
Lynsey laughed out "I still owe her!"
We were the only ones laughing, the entire room was looking at us. Not laughing. I sat my red solo cup down and smacked my fist-mike and said "Is this thing on? I'll be here all week ladies and gents!"
Lyns said "Please. Leave a tip. I STILL owe the tooth fairy...That bitch and Sally Mae, they are kicking my ass!"
Everyone was looking at us like we were insane, and when her sister in law asked what was funny, Lyns' mother in law said "Don't ask."
She understands that somethings are only funny between sisters.
Mike & I made it our mission to shop-lift items we need from the Gnos. Mike pocketed (In Lyns' plain sight, the fancy tongs she has)
He stage whispered for me to locate a muffin pan.
I absolutely adore that my man can make my sister belly laugh...It means she really likes him..and her approval of my man is important, beyond important to me.
Sunday, he and I went to Annapolis. We malled around, we had possibly the BEST chocolates ever...next to Lindt. It's called Frango, and they are Mike's favorites...I think I know what Santa is bringing him...

No comments:

Post a Comment