Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Deliciousness of Togetherness (Oct 24, 2008)

Last night, I came home to the delicious smells of my boyfriend cooking dinner. The apartment was warm, as they actually came out and fixed our light, our heater, and promptly did not reattach the cabinet door to the cabinet...c'est la vie...that wasn't a concern of mine at all...My sweetie-sweet was home.
He had made chicken (This, turkey & fish are basically the only meats I eat) It was baking in the oven. He had the carrots going. They smelled fantastic. He got creative and made an Indian sauce for them.
He told me that roasted red potatoes were unfortunately NOT on the menu for the night.
I said pretend-pouty and giving him a lil' kiss "Aww."
He said "Well, I went to get them, and they were....looking at me."
I said "Oh?"
He said "Covered in eyes."
I said "NIICE!"
We joked and teased each other, as we readied dinner.
I was teasing him about something and I said "My body My choice!"
Without one blink of an eye, not even looking up from draining the carrots he said "I hear ya screamin' sister!"
Which made me laugh.
He told me how ridiculous he found the new army dress uniforms as we set the table.
After eating, we got our the coats to go to Cold Stone. Yeah, it was cold, but it's his day off and if he wants ice cream, we will get it.
He ended up with his standard favorite the Oh Fudge Shake. I got crazy with it and had pumpkin ice cream with graham cracker crust bits. It was like eating a pumpkin pie. I nearly finished the entire Like It Bowl.
We went to the shopette for the $2.60 per gallon gas, then over to the commissary for eggs. (Even though he's not supposed to eat them)
He reached for the egglands that he always gets. Plain white ones. I said "Oh, but are they cage free?"
He said "what?"
I said "The eggs, are the cage free?"
He said "They are in a carton."
I said "I mean do the eggs come from cage free chickens?"
He said "I thought all chickens live in cages?"
I said "noooo. the cage free eggs are the ones I like. The chickens are free to roam around. They aren't in lil' cages unable to move."
He said "Hmm..really?"
I said pointing "See, eggland's cage free...right there."
He crinkled his nose "They're brown."
I said "I know."
It took some convincing that the "freckles" were normal.
He then shrugged and said "You're the boss."
After going home, he decided to get into his pj's & turn out the lights.
I said "Hey buddy, it's only 8:45"
I asked him if he wanted to watch tv with me. He did his pursey lipped head nod asking what should we watch...
I said "Uhm...sex and the city?"
He said "Weeelll....." making a signature grimace.
I said "Oooh! When you say Weeeellll it always means yes! This is the happiest day of my LIFE! My boyfriend is going to watch sex & the city with me!"
He said grinning "If it makes you that happy, put it in...BUT you cannot tell anyone I watched this!!"
I said "Who would I tell?"
He said "Your sister....Dave...The world."
I said "The world? How could I tell the world?"
He said "In your blog."
I laughed.
Turns out...he laughed very very hard at the scene where Carrie calls Miranda about seeing Big at the Opera. In the scene, Steve sits up in bed says "ugggh!" abruptly then falls back down asleep.
I knew he was a Harry-Steve mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment