Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When in Rome...was an awesome band, kinda. (Jun 28, 2009)

So, this evening, after a day at work. And I say "a day" as in..what a day...I came home to our air conditioned apartment.
I was greeted by a sleepy kitty who only opened one eye, and half meowed.

My sleepy buddy must've been roused by my putting my keys on the dining table, because he met me, bleary eyed in the hallway.
I said "oh, someone was tuckered! go back to bed!"
He said "no. there's laundry."
I told him I'd fetch it...which I did.

I came back, and crawled into bed, alongside him.

The sweet smell of his sleep mixing with our lavender, and the gentle coolness of the sheets begged me to!

He tried to listen drifting in and out of sleep as I talked in low tones about my day.
Finally, unable to resist a summertime siesta, I rolled onto my side, and felt the heaviness of sleep in my eyes.

Michael put his arms around me, holding me just so, and said into my neck and hair
"I love you so very much. You really are so beautiful."

As I drifted off into my glorious nap, in front of the fan, under the cool sheets, in his embrace, smelling the sweetness of the lavender and his skin, I realized that was the single most amazing moment of my summer.
I rested quite assured that nothing could compare to what I felt in that little fleeting moment.

We woke up an hour or so later, and went to chic-fil-a for dinner. I told him again and again that I want my last name to be his last name....and I'll need to remind him that he did agree that the When in Rome song "The Promise" would be a lovely wedding song....

No comments:

Post a Comment