Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Like Elvis Himselvis (Feb 12, 2009)

So, In my trend of watching movies, I came across one starring John Corbett (Cha-ching..I'm watching it!) and Kim Basinger. It's called Elvis has Left the Building.
It's not oscar worthy. It's not even Moscar worthy, in fact without John Corbett, the movie wouldn't even truly be as watchable as it is. Firstly, the little girl who plays Harmony (Kim Basinger's character) has a terrible southern accent. That's the first thing. I hate hollywood southern accents.
However, this isn't to bash said movie, in fact, no. It's a celebratory blog about the humor to be found in this movie.
You should watch it.
Here's why:
Tons of terrible elvis impersonators.
The quote which became my blog title: Like Elvis Himselvis.
AND...John Corbett...and John Corbett's sexy playful facial expressions...need I say more???
In other newsworthy news-ishness....
I have delighted myself completely in this prespring weather, so much so that I lamented to Mike that we would probably indeed get another whomper snow storm just to dash our hopes in seeing flowers blooming anytime soon.
What with our planning on going back to Washington, and all the summer fun that will be had a the G'no's 4th of July BBQ Extravangza-- The G"nos don't know it yet, but I'm bringing the Gelato! Found a recipe and I want to try it. I told Mike I thought I'd make it.
He said "Eww."
I said "Eww what?"
He said "Gelato."
I said "have you ever had it?"
He said "No."
I said "Then how can you eww it?"
He said "What is in it?"
I said "Custard."
He said "eww."
I said "Eww?"
he said "Custard. I don't like it."
I said "I didn't say Custard."
He said "You did too!"
I said "No. I didn't I said...Cusss....word?"
He laughed.
Anyways, after the summer extravanganzas we will be going to Florida for a Disney Vacay...Gracias Uncle Sam!
So, I want warm weather to arrive sooner, not later! And no more snow storms, if possible! So, I've started my campaign against winter, and hopefully Puxtatauny Phil will listen...It's called Just say NO! To snow!
And tomorrow....the two of us are taking the train to DC to see the newly re-opened Museum of American History. We're waking up early (which is a chore) and packin' lunches and heading down.
As for Valentine's day...He's keeping me in the dark about the goings on. Suffice it to say...there will be candy...for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment