Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Put on your Spurs, cause it's Memorial Day Weekend (May 26, 2009)

Mike fired up the bbq, granted we actually borrowed the grill from the Lane's. They were going to Maine for the weekend, and we weren't going anywhere, so they offered up their grill for our usage.

I have to admit, as we pulled the grill from their apartment to ours, people looked. Neighbors in their building gawked. I felt like Robin Hood...(I mean everyone says I kinda maybe sometimes resemble my cousin Robin, and we do live in the hood).

None the less, we took it anyways. I felt like I needed to clarify to everyone there that we do know the Lane's.
After all, he is army, too! And well, haven't you seen them talking to us on our patio? Geez...c'mon.
But from the skeptical looks, folded arms, and raised eyebrows...I kinda thought that probably wouldn't hold water with the protective neighbors. Then I hoped that we wouldn't start a trend... And when they return from their get-away their patio would be plundered....

So, we invited the G'nos down from PA, for our Sunday night Bison Burgers/Chipotle Lime turkey burgers/Hebrew Nationals cook out.
They came bearing a dip that is noteworthy, and a pup that is fuzzy, and a hatfull of hopes that they would see our dear white trash neighbors.
In fact, when Lyns crawled out of their rover, she saw some random white people and asked excitedly "Is that them?"
I shook my head no, and told the young grasshopper to be patient. I knew she would see them. In due time.
After all, they live in our building, and typically the smell of charcoal brings them out of hiding. If you light the smokey joe, they will come.

We were sitting on the sidewalk, watching the men watch the fire, sipping on cherry cokes. Lyns was a-feared to walk down the mini hill to our patio, she said since I had taken a spill, and Mike had fell down just a few days prior, she figured her number was up, and it was her turn to slip slide in her flip flops.

We both safely made it down to our cracked patio that was free of standing water and other disgusting debris, only to realize that I'd left my cherry coke standing alone and lonely on the sidewalk above.
I reached for in from the patio in vain. I said "Oh come to me, cherry coke."
Lyns said to our neighbor (the nonwhite trash) "Could you hammie mah coke..but yer not invited. So don't be lookin' for a burger...wait...you got ice cream? Ok, yer invited."

Which made me laugh. I do so love her funny bits...

And then it happened. What she'd been waiting for. What I firmly believe was her main purpose in coming to O-town in the first place.

The White trashies appeared. In their glory. In all their glory.
They were walking Errlick. Who, it turns out, is named MAVERICK, not ERRLICK.

Picture it...we HEAR the jingles before we see them. You may be inclined to ask "What does Amber mean by 'jingles' it's not christmas!"
But alas, I shall tell you...

Like I said we hear the jingles, I hear her twang. I tell Lyns in excited whispers "Look! Look! here it is! watch! Here they are!"
She looks excitedly toward the sidewalk, and I swear i heard her gasp when she saw them in their gloriousness....

Woman was walking proud, in a tshirt and....brace yourself...her boyfriends hammie down desert camo pants. The tan/brown army bdu pants (If you need a visual Click here). And for the record...no, she is not in the army.

And before you can say...but what would make that JINGLE?
I will tell you....She was wearing, to complete the ensemble....boots.
No, my friend, not army boots. Cowboy boots.
And what was on those cowboy boots but...SPURS!
And the spurs hit the concrete sidewalk, cause them to spin and jingle.

30's was wearing his Pooka Shell necklace, and his boots as well, without spurs.

Lyns stood in awe, smile on her face.

And then the scent of charcoal on the air did something that only charcoal can...
It made the white trashies speak to us. In friendly tones. Like we were buddies that went way back.

I mumbled to Lyns "it's the charcoal."

She still smiled at them in awe of the...sheer...amazingness.
After they went up to their apartment, and were out of earshot safely,
Dave said "Is she army?"
Lyns said "No. And that's the glorious part."

I said "Did you see the SPURS?"

Not more that 10 mins past, and there he was, 30's, lurking by the building. looking wistfully towards the Lane's smokey joe, and Mike turning the bison burgers. It's like Pavlov's dog, ring a bell and the dog will salivate....Except this is called Maverick's dog, light a smokey joe, and 30's will stand idly by hoping for a handout....

We ate our food,Mike entertained us with this beautiful song community property. Chloe entertained us to tears. When she got in trouble, Dave squirted her with Jessie's water squirter. And she BIT the stream of water. Like a knee jerk reaction. We sent the Gno's home with left over banana puddin' and billy jack.

And then today, Memorial day observed, it rained. A monsoon. So hard that it UPROOTED my prized garlic.
Which brings me to my cake making for the Lanes...we accidentally left their charcoal (yes, they were nice enough to loan us charcoal) on our patio...so it is basically a bag of muck, and unusable...

So they are getting a chocolate cake, a new bag of charcoal...and free run of borrowing any of our dvds. (*Yes, they let us borrow whatever dvds we saw in their apt. We chose Muppets Season One, Dukes of Hazard Season One, and Major payne).

After work today, Mike took me to Rita's, where he indulged in a Vanilla Italian Ice, and i went for the Frozen vanilla custard with rainbow sprinkles....

No comments:

Post a Comment