Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Turbo Tax, Burger King, and Easter Sunday (Apr 15, 2009)

I'm doing my taxes, the turbo tax way, and do not let them fool you. They will ONLY file the federal taxes for FREE. It goes a lil' something like this:
Turbo Tax: Did you have State Income Tax ? And I know you did don't lie to me!
Me: Uhm, yeah.
Turbo Tax: What? You did? Thought so! Well, fork over 30 bucks.
Me: $30...that's not so bad. Is that for both Georgia and Maryland?
Turbo Tax:You worked in 2 states? Make that 60 bucks.
Me: $60? Uhm..I don't have a spare 60 loungin' around. This economy is kickin' my...
Turbo Tax: Want to just deduct it from your refund?
Me: I can do that? Sure!
Turbo Tax: Well, make that 90 bucks. Total Cost. To you.
I ended up owing Maryland money. Which means I paid them to tell me to pay someone else. Which leads me to wanting to pull out my overlong hair that is way past due for a hair cut. Waaay past due. But my hair cut money is going to Turbo Tax and the Comptroller of Maryland.

Which leads me down another path...if you ever think "hey kids! let's move to maryland, to be close to you know...the cheasepeake bay, and that lil' restaurant called Cluck U Chicken!"
Don't do it. It's an expensive state, and the inhabitants are morons when it comes to driving. (Marylanders that I know excluded from said slander).

Anyways, in other ridiculously ridiculous news....Burger King. I don't eat there anyways, but they are changing their ad not to offend our south of the border neighbors.
It's an effin' hamburger, and a container of really craptacularly bad fries. Burger King Drama
You don't see me picketting Wendy's. Because of the red haired girl. (which i know about thanks to my sister, and by the way, THAT video is entertainingly hilarious!)

However, despite all my complaining about taxes and texican burgers....I had a lovely time on Easter Sunday. Truly Easter began on Saturday for me...Mike, my darling Michaely Mike came home from work, and went into the spare room to construct my eastery gift!

I was excited, but opted to wait until Easter Sunday to open it. (He did bring it out into the living room...wrapped up in man-style, with what he thought was Easter gift wrap.
(Turns out it was I DO! wedding wrap and don't think for one minute I didn't squeal and say It's WEDDING wrap! which inspired a smile from my buddy and his saying "do you want to be Amber Suman?" I said "YES! How are you going to ask me? Is it romantic?" He said "You Can't KNOW everything! somethings are meant to be a surprise!")

So, after a few hours of seeing an odd shaped wrapped gift sitting on the living room floor I said "Ok..I'll open it now!" (This was post egg dying).

Mike got the camera, and said "You will want pictures of this, trust me.!"
As I tore off the wrapping, I saw it. Much to my delight. The Target Wooly Lamb. The lamb I had written a playful song about in my begging desire to own it. Wooly Lamb there, stuffed into a pink easter basket. Literally stuffed. I squealed.
I said "It's wooly lamb!"
Mike was smiling as he said "Pick it up!"

So I lifted the basket that the stuffed animal was literally stuffed into.
Smiling and laughing at how he had squeezed and prodded this easter stuffie into this tiny pink basket.

He said 'No, pick it up!"
I said "I am."
He said 'No, I mean take him out of the basket."

I did, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but miniature lindt bunnies and whoopers malted robin's eggs, and a baby binks chocolate bunny.
I don't care, baby binks are the best hollow chocolate bunnies ever. They win. No contest, give up the fight big ears bunny! Chubby lil' baby binks does double duty in cuteness and delisiciousness
.
And...wrapped there, in the basket (that was sans grass because he didn't want Jessica to eat it) a dvd.

I opened it..what would it be? as in we just bought Bedtime Stories from Best Buy the other night (Watch that movie, it's a goodie, plus I have a crush on Adam Sandler). I knew it wouldn't/couldn't be a Seth Rogen (yet another lust baby of mine) as we just bought pineapple express as well...

I tear into the paper to dissolve into fits of laughter and glee....
The double feature of disco like porportions...The dvd that spawned a disco like conversation between ourselves and the weird security gaurd...
Saturday Night Fever AND Stayin' Alive.
I was a happy woman...

The next day, with Michael at work until 4pm... I put the finishing touches on my Hummingbird cake, made the yeast rolls (From scratch, a moment in my cookery history that I'm most proud of, I tell you!) and Mike's Magical Mac N Chee (it really is a doozey loaded with goodness) and Jessica and I loaded up the car and went north to Pa for the day at Chez G'no.

My sister and I both rocked out the dresses. I ended up borrowing clothes from her because it got a tad chilly, and it maybe that she never sets eyes on them again, unless of course they are on my body..that shirt was comfy-come-to-town.
We ate too much...i helped myself to many a veggie bites and over endulged in the pineapple yummarific stuff she made...
And laughed at Chloe Jane who hung out in Jessica's kitty carry all.
We did an egg hunt for her nephews...
Michael came up to join us post work...where we sang happy birthday to her mother-in-law, and watched Zack & Miri (I knew there'd be a seth rogen moment somehow...)   

No comments:

Post a Comment