Wednesday, April 11, 2012

David's Bridal and Talks of I Do....(May 4, 2009)

We talk about it.
Details of how we want our ceremony to be.
It's sweet, and quirky and exciting.
And I already know he's the one I want to marry. No questions. No doubts.

I've picked out my ring. I've pointed out similar ones. I've shown him how empty my finger looks with out 'something sparkly'.

but the other evening, we were driving in Glen Burnie, they have the only CiCi's pizza in these parts, I believe.
And Glen burnie's also home to guitar center where he sometimes goes to bang on the drums.

David's Bridal is in the same complex.
I said "Oooh, Mikely will you please drive by the bridal shop before we go into guitar center? Because if you drive by before we go to guitar center, the windows will be on myside."
He obliged, and said "Why don't we just go in and look?"
I said "Oooh because the shop lady will accost us, and try to follow us around endlessly."
he said "no, they won't. let's just go in."

Once inside, it was like a dream.
I told Mike "But you can't see the final pick until we have THE DAY."
I was looking at the price tags of the ones I expressly liked. He said "That's not a bad price...and I can help you buy it. You know?"
I laughed and said "You can not. I don't think it's lucky or something. It's against tradition and stuff."
He said "Since when are we traditional?"
I shrugged.
He smiled.
I wanted to spin circles in the middle of all that taffeta and silk and lace....


Later that night, He bought me a stuffie of Oliver from Oliver and Company. I said "Did you buy that for me because I kept yapping about a ring?"
He said "I bought it because it made you smile."

And just how I keep wondering, Did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment