Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Boyfriend's Mashed Potatoes and Other tales from Odenton (Jan 22, 2009)

Michael, or "the Big M" as he is known in certain circles, makes amazing mashed potatoes..I say this because after making a plethora of mashed tater goodness...I had desired to be the best tater masher in the land. I made mashed garlic reds, smashed garlicy tater extravanga (that is a mix of various types of potatos) blah blah blah...I sampled and toyed with the likes of sour cream add-ins and you name it..I'd throw it in. And granted they weren't too shabby...
So, last night, my darling buddy made mashed yukon golds. To compliment the curry chicken festival...He stood, in his pink floyd jammie pants and his camo slippers and cooked up a storm. His mashed potatoes included: milk, garlic powder and taters.
They were amazing.
I told him so. I said "No fair, you make better mashed potatoes than your girlfriend!"
He couldn't even hide his pride as he tried to play off being modest saying "It was only the yukon golds."
I said "Yeah, right...Man, I can't make anything, you are definitely the cook in this relationship!" (Side note: Don't think for one moment I wasn't laying the ground work to get out of the hefty cooking duties.....haha)
So, we sat on the sofa eating our dinner (Sure we have a dining table, but c'mon sofa eatin' is better for tv watchin') watching the end of Fun with Dick & Jane.
In sweetest sweet news...the other night Mike was attempting to tell me how pretty he finds me. He said "You get prettier with time."
I said "WHAT? what does that mean?"
He said "Don't you know anything that improves with time? Like wine for instance.."
I said "Improve? as in 'i wasn't as pretty when you first met me and hence i've improved' Improve?"
He said "No...no..that's not what I meant. Seriously It's not..I'm trying to give you a compliment...but it's not working."
I said "Uhm....well, I'm confused."
He said "Well, don't you have a favorite painting?"
I said "Yes."
He said "Well, when you look at it, haven't you seen more beauty each time and in different more colorful ways, Like everytime you look at it, you see something new and beautiful that you didn't see before?"
I said "Yes."
He said "that is how I see you."
I said "Ooh much better!! I love that!!! Thank you!!"
And I do love that he compares me to art...It makes me feel so endeared to my sweet sweet man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment