Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I shall never again drink from the cinema soda fountain (Mar 9, 2009)

Saturday evening, Michael got home from work. The weather was a-maze-ing. (Yes, nice enough to break up the syllables!) I was wearing..capris (which mind you, are only purely ankle pants when I put them on) and flops.
We were going to go to the grocery to stock up for his trip to Virginia to go to the Range. Keep in mind, he was going to stock up for me. Yes. For me. As though the four days of his absence I would eat hords of broccoli and my weight in Boca Lasagnas. I adored him for this. He even threw in a new deodorant...for me...just incase I miss him so much that I break a sweat and start stinking.
I love him.
However, a funny thing happened on the way to the commissary...we decided to go to Ramomo's at the mall. We've not been and thought it would be a nice change of pace...We stopped first to see what movies were playing at Muvico, and saw that Paul Blart, Mall Cop was just starting...
So much for Ramomo's!
We grabbed our tickets, and stopped at the consession stand. Where we bought the biggest gully washer sodas (they were only a mere 50cents more than the small) and settled into our theater for the show..(by the way...I thought the movie was terribly sad..I felt sorry for Kevin James' character)
On the way to the truck, we realized the commissary was closed, and thought safeway was a good alternative.
A daddy was holding his little girls hand (she must've been 3..no more than that.) She instantly charmed Michael and I. Every step her Papa took, she jumped. Bigger than herself jumps.
She completely dressed herself. She had on a pair of pink shorts, a blue sparkle top and a pair of snowboots. Her mother was sparkly in every sense of the word. Her sari was simply beautiful, and I admired her for letting her daughter choose her own fashion)
Baby Girl talked nonstop to her Baba. She stopped long enough to throw a glance to Michael and me, then continued jumping towards their minivan.
I said to her father "She is adorable!"
Her father smiling said something to his little girl. She stopped her jumping, looked over her shoulder, her lil' black bob hair cut swinging into her face, she gave the most charming coy smile, and said casually "BYE!"
Mike and I were completely amused and fully charmed by her.
At safeway Michael was looking at the frozen foods for a meal, and I was longing for something Italian. I said "what are you going to get?"
He said loud and proud, in the commerically sing song "Hot Pockets!"
Which caused me to laugh incredibly, and repeat him again and again, much to the irratation of the shopper on our aisle. The disgruntled look only encouraged my giggles.
We went home, and watched an episode or two of sex and the city. I admit it, I got him addicted....
We headed off to bed, and Jeff, of course settled into his rightful place on the bed (Mike's side). Mike was absently talking and brushing his teeth while I sat on the bed.
And I felt it...a pang...a cramp...I was CCR....I saw a bad stomach risin'. Or more so, FELT it.
I swallowed.
I said "I don't feel so well."
Mike was turning off the Ikea Lamp.
He said "what do you feel like?"
I said "Uhm..not well?"
He laid down in bed and said "You ok?"
I said "Uhm..yeah.." But I got up and went straight away to the bathroom.
Where I stayed, battling the evil stomach..trying to go over what I ate, but trying NOT to think about what I ate, in a lame attempt to discourage the dolor de estómago .
I crawled into bed at 4:20 thinking that there was nothing left inside me. Jeff, lazily woke up, stretched and went to Mike's face and MEOOOWED. He's a talker upon waking.
Mike in his sleep said "Uh-huh...yeah...kiiiiiiitttttyy."
For a half a second I thought Mike was awake and was trying to make me laugh. But his breathing was so even, I knew he was still in Snoozeville.
It didn't matter, I jumped up 2 seconds after laying down and mad raced to the hall bathroom.
I battled until 5am. YES 5am.
Mike woke me at 7 am..running for the bathroom. I said "Michael..Michael? are you ok?"
He said "No. Not at all!"
We ticked off a list of things we'd consumed that could've sickened us.
We ate nothing alike all day.
ONLY the gigantic gully washin' movie soda...the soda o' doom as it shall forevermore be known as.
Later that day, we finally made it to the commissary to load up on goodies and supplies for his absence...and we both guzzled gatorades nonstop.
And this morning, he left at 6:20am to go to Virginia to do the Army thing. No worries..Jeff & I have plenty of St. Patty's day cookies to munch on...

No comments:

Post a Comment