Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Halloween (Nov 5, 2008)

In the first attempt at this blog, I took my readers back in time, to halloween. I described the creepiness of my concave halloween cake with the beautifully festive black bat candy confetti's that I dashed all over my confectionary masterpiece. Our oven is horrible and while it quickly cooks the outside of whatever you are creating (Be it Curry Chicken or Cake) it leaves the inside in a state of goo. (And yes ma'am, I have tried lowering the heat setting...) Alas, it is something I've learned to yell at and ultimately live with.Halloween was bring Mike to work day. Some people bring their daughters for empowerment purposes. I bring the boyfriend. (I adore when He hears me rant on women's issues he chimes in with a spirited "You are Woman! And I'm hearing you roar!" OR "I hear you screamin' Sister!")Anyway,He took me to lunch. After a festively spooktacular meal at Taco Bell (We all know why it's spooktacular..have you NOT had a bean burrito? Ok..I rest my case) Michael took himself shopping for new clothes for our up-n-coming trip to Washington State.(Yes, he does a daily avent calender-esque check with me "Amber, only 15 days til we go home!")After work, we we were two lil' pilgrams on the road to rustling up some scares. We decided to go up to Gettysburg.The town itself at night is unsettling. We thought maybe we could do a carriage ride, a walking tour something. But it was getting near dusk, and the parking was murder! So, we just took our happy lil' selves directly to the battlefield. It was kinda a drive thru fast food search for ghosts. We didn't stay in one area long enough to get haunted.I felt more comfortable on the Southern side of the battlefield (Could be because I'm a southern girl). We held hands as we walked out by the NC monument. The sky was full of stars, the lil' cresenty moon was orange in the sky.I felt like I was living out that Keith Urban song lyric
"You & Me side by side, walking through the woods in the pale moon light..."
We went to Little Round Top. There were so many people out there with their EVP recorders, and camera's. My silly buddy tried to summons the ghost of the Texan who supposedly helps people who appear to be lost. Announcing loudly that he LOVES Texas and he sure feels lost.
Unfortunately our friend in the afterlife was busy or just taking the night off. Which was fine by the both of us.
We finished our tour and headed to La Hacienda De Gnos. Where we ate pizza-pie, candies, played Apples to Apples and watched The Happening. I fell asleep on the sofa (like I've never pulled that trick before) and woke when the final credits were a-rollin'.
Mike and I made our way upstairs to crawl into bed. Mademoiselle Chloe followed at our heels. She was having a tender moment with Michael that I interrupted after my teeth brushing ritual. She waiting with bated puppy breath by the bathroom door for her Mikely to do the same, after which she played a rousing game of Run amuck with him.
The next morning we awoke, and did errands, which took us fruitlessly to Lowes, and then to Red Robin, where we ate burgers with a Sikh. (My love of all things Indian seems to follow me & I adore it!)
We had coctails then proceeded home for more coctails (for me..notsomuch for Michael). Our homemade coctails are the poor man's chardonnay. Vodka and Oj.
I was a happy woman falling tipsily asleep in his warm embrace...only to wake to the confusion that is known as the time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment