Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Saga of the Sofas (Jan 6, 2009)

The Pad-Sum duo is sofaless no more. Granted, we didn't get the spiffy Ikea sofa that we so dearly had my heart set on (I think Michael was game for any sofa as long as it had seat-a-bility!) however, we were given, yes I said given a sofa and loveseat duo.
Just because I said Duo, don't start thinking they match. In fact quite contrarily. They are mismatched pieces. One is of old lady proportions, the other is a lil' brown number I refer to as the Luv Seat. As in, it is so fantabulous it cannot be spelled LOVE seat. No, not this lovely display of furniture. It is tan, and looks like it came from the set of that 70's show. In fact, so much so, that I am 100% postive that when I come home after a hard day's rockin', Hyde (I chose that character because he was my favorite on that show) will be sitting in a haze on that very Luv seat.
The sofa in all its grandeur could've come from any random Meemaw, MeeMee, Grandma, Grannie, Nanny, Nin-Nin's home this side of the Mississippi, or the other side if you are taking tally.
It's blue, maroon and covered in sparkly golden flowers. I love it.
We got them on the house from a coworker of Mike's. I kept calling him Gary. Then Mike said "Who's Gary?"
I said "The man we got the couches from."
He said "No...you mean Darrell."
Gary, Darrell, it's really all the same when it comes down to the count.
We were lounging last night and Mike said "You know, Darrell told me that he saw some furniture on the side of the road, and he thought we didn't want those sofas anymore." (Like Gary-Darrell was offended)
I laughed.
Firstly, that Gary-Darrell would've been offended if we'd thrown away his throw aways, and secondly, that he thought we'd just toss the sofas on a random street that we don't live on, in a neighborhood we've probably never even driven through, just because we 'didn't want them.'
I have to say, I did want the Ikea sofa, but free is free, and we've almost febreezed the sofas to that 'new from goodwill' smell that we all love and trust....

No comments:

Post a Comment