Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4th of July isn't supposed to be cold & how to feel loved while brushing your teeth (Jul 9, 2009)

Fourth of July found me at Chez G'no.
I came bearing Hebrew Nationals, because they are the best.
Alas, I was sans Michael. He was working.

Uncle Jake, Aunt Frances, and Dad were there at Lynsey's. We ate, We munched, we made a trek to Gettysburg, then back to Carrol Valley to see the fireworks.

And something occured that I'd never experienced before in all my days.
It was cold.
I covered up with a blanket.
COLD. On the 4th of July. And we didn't even have the luxury of being in Sydney. Which I've never been, but always dreamed of going...but beisdes...
Who ever heard of a cold 4th of July?
I'm used to summer that is blistering! I'm used to sweat as not only a fact of life, but a fashion statement! for example, as I write this...it feels like fall.

And that, my friends, ain't what summer is about! Summer is dreaming of the cool sparkling waters of the swimming pool! Not thinking "I need to take a hot bath to warm my toes up!"

Having said that, the 4th, even though it was Michael-less, was lovely.

We came home (We meaning...I took the family home with me to Odenton.)
The next day we made a trek to arlington, then the following day, we attempted to be tourists in DC...

It was most interesting....and more than once Michael massaged my earlobes on the National Mall and whispered "ooooosahh! ooosahh!" Which he claims is a calming voice....

In other unrelated news....
Our neighbors brought me a souvenir from Georgia.
Let it be said...Georgia Folks are everywhere! Two families of us in our building alone. Anyways, Tonya went on vacay to Albany to visit her family.
She brought me a memento. A lil' statue of a Peanut and a Peach captioned "Hey Ya'll from Georgia!"
She told me that she thought of me when she crossed the stateline, and got a lil' tear in her eye for me.
I promised her Sweet Potato Pies when I come back from my trip down south.

I have to admit, my peach and peanut are proudly on display on woody. I do adore all things kitchsy, and this fits right in!

And in Michaely news...
Last night I was brushing my teeth, as my darling man lounged on the bed.
I said between brushes "Do you love me?"
He said "Yes. I do."
I said "really?"
he said "Really."
I brushed, stopped and said "How much?"
He said "Sooo much."
I brushed again stopping I asked "Are ya sure?"
He said "Very sure. I love you."
I smiled and said "I love you too! Very surely!"

And I realio trulio feel so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment