Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Michael Jackson!! Farrah Fawcett died and everyone's callin'! (Jun 26, 2009)

I'm sitting here, in the quietness of my apartment, Jessie is bathing on the luv seat, and Michael, well, he's snoozing and...I think eating in his sleep. Or well, at least he's smacking his lips.
Which maybe he is dreaming of the Ceaser Chicken I made for dinner. Although it sounds very roman....trust me...it's not nearly as exotic/historic as it sounds. If it so sounds....

Regardless, I'm still shocked at the news that Michael Jackson died. It all started via a phone call from dad.
It rang.
I answered.
He said "hey. Did you hear Farrah Fawcett died?"
I said "Awww. Man. really? When?"
He said "Today."
Mike chimed in "Ed McMahon died too."

Fast forward a few measley hours later. Picture it, Mikely and I decided to take a mini trip to Annapolis just to have something to do. It's a pretty town, and I do so love it. We made a stop at the new bed bath and beyond...and yes, they do go quite beyond. It's the only one I've ever been to that sells actual make up and medications....not just the run-o' the mill bedding and bathy stuff...

The phone rings again.
It's mom.
She said "hey! Michael Jackson died! Just pronounced dead! It's on the news!"
I said "Bull. Really?"
She said "yeah, really."
I say to mike, who is massaging my back with a deluxe back roller (Hey...if they don't want you to rub each other's backs in the store, they need to box those things up.) "Michael Jackson died!"
He said "REALLY?"
A random worker stopped unloading a box and said "Yeah, dude. People are texting me."
Mom said "well, I had to tell you, since, well, he was such a part of your childhood."
I said "I know! Man. Now I'll never get the chance to marry him!"

Apparently news travels fast, even in the little town of Annapolis.
The people in Whole Foods were even talking about it. A lady told me the latest, that he died of a heart attack.
I'm thinking, how do these people know all these facts so rapidly, while Mike and I are just enjoying our day apparently oblivious to the goings on in neverland.

So there we were, in Whole foods trying out samples, when I Lyns called to break the bad news.
She said "Amber, now you'll never get your chance to marry Michael Jackson."
And I sadly chimed in "And my barbies made it with him so many times."
Referring both to my 7 year old proclamation that I was indeed going to Marry Michael jackson, and the fact that I had not one, but two Michael Jackson dolls....

And...well, I did get in lots of practice kiss time on the Thriller album cover, that I spun on my fisher price portable record player...

Lyns said "Is it bad that I feel worse about Ed and Farrah than I do about Michael?"
I said "No."
She said "Well, it's sad, farrah had been sick for a while, and now Michael goes off and steals her thunder, and dies on the same day!"
I said "Yeah, how could he DO that to her?"

Once home, we yahooed (Not googled) the news of Michael...

No comments:

Post a Comment