Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Curry Chicken Makes Me Miss Atlanta (Oct 17, 2008)

Tonight, eating my curry chicken (I have an obsession with curry lately) and potato cake, I decided to stream Dave Fm from Atlanta.
The first song they play is Snow Patrol's Take Back The City. I'm sitting there bouncing my head and chewing along with the music, like I always do when I am eating and hear a song I like.
And suddenly, in mid-rhythm-chew of my chicken, I miss Atlanta. Could've been the lil' picture of the city they had on their website, that made me feel a lil' tender towards Georgia. Could've been the texts I was sending to Sandra today. Could've been that I really want a frozen orange from the Varsity, Could've been I miss my family and friendlies, and my pets I left behind. Could've been that yahoo told me Smyrna was a lovely 81degrees, and those of us livin' in MD are 10 degrees cooler...
It was probably all of the above.
But the music started, and suddenly, there I was, back in Georgia, lounging on my friend's brown sofa, laughing over mutuals...friends not funds.
I was turning into Atlantic Station to go to Ikea. I was walking into the flying buscuit for breakfast, and laughing on the 3rd floor archive room of the museum. I was driving past Fat Boys when they were open and had the best milkshakes in town. I was driving with Michael to Centennial Park, or Stone Mountain, or past the infamously famous big chicken. I was mocking the trendies with my sister...
Weird how a song alone can whisk you away...
Being here with Michael is where I want to be, yet, I think it's only normal to miss where I became me. I fullly realize the state is not me, it just defined me.
And this weekend Michael and I are packing in the actividades. NYC, G'nos Fiesta, Inner Harbor on Sunday. I've not seen him for more than 5 mins since Sunday.A whole weekend with just me and Mikely doin' what we're good at makes me excited with the pompatus of togetherness. So excited I may bust another move on the Maaco security camera.
Which has rapidly become my newest hobby. Dancing for the security camera. In hopes that if the police ever do need to review the tapes, they will be entertained royally by my cabbage patch or rodeo lasso hop in a circle.
Hey, I get my 15 mins of fame where I can, people.
I'm sure the fabulousness awaits us in the Big Apple. My dad told me I should twang it up and ask randomers where that there big apple actually is. He cracked me up because this came after he told me I definitely need to buy the chicken costume, just to go to Cluck U Chicken to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment