Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Softie, the Search for Christmas Cards & Washington State (Nov 18, 2008)

This weekend went by delightfully, Michael and I made it our mission to go to Petsmart to see the animals up for adoption (NOTE: Saturday in Ga means pet adoption at petsmart. Not so at the Arundel Mills Petsmart.)

We were scurrying about town getting last minutes for our trip to Washington. Not that a kitten was a last minute necessity for our flight, or our vacay, but we still like to see them. I give him my puppy dog eyes and batty eye lashes when telling him I desperately need a kitten.

I confessed to him, on 175 going to Noodles & Company in Columbia that I believe if he and I ever had a child, he would be a softie.
He said "Why? What do you mean?"
I said "I'll be the mean mommy, you'll be the giver-in-er cool buddy daddy."
He smiled and said "What?"
I said "Yes, all she will have to do is give you the big eye look and you will cave."
With total unconvincingability He said "Not so."
I laughed and said "Oh, please, She will be 18 months old and I will say 'NO lollipops' and you will hold her and the lollipop and let her lick it."
He said "Sure! Why not?"

And the truth is, he didn't even try to deny that he will be softie. But I adore that about him.
Just like when he said he didn't think the cat that becomes ours should sleep in our bed.
After our visit to the cats (Where we fell in love with Melvin and his One eyed partner Reebok whom we both said would be better suited with the name Rebecca. Both were black, adorable and spunky. We played feather ball with them. I wanted both immediately if not sooner!)
Mike was in love with a rude fat girl named Honeybun.
She meowed at him for touching her.
Then she rubbed her head against her jail cell for him to pet her.
THEN when he stopped petting her, she meowed her angst yet again.

I said "Y'know, if we'd have gotten Honeybun, she'd have parked it right between us, in the middle of this bed."
He kinda admitted defeat and said "I know. And she'd probably not move an inch."

Saturday we milled around the mall, I got a hair trim up, at Great Clips in Glen Burnie. Where the hairstylist told me exactly how to get to the Inner Harbor and exactly how to make "colorful" snow men. (food coloring and water in a spray bottle)

Then Mike & I went to 5 Guys and then milled about town on my quest for boxed Christmas cards. I made a disheartening discovery that not all hallmarks have the same products. Generally they do, but the cards I wanted I found at Annapolis Mall. I found this PRE Halloween. In fact, I found them within the first week of my move up here. I believe.
They were cute, they played a song, I could put a picture of us neatly inside (we are conceited like that). Alas, I did not purchase the holiday greetings on that fateful day at Annapolis Mall. I decided to "wait."
I'm completely unsure what it was that I was waiting on, but I said and I quote "I'll wait." (Feel free to quote me on that.)
So, I've been searching fruitlessly.
No other card calls to me.
No other card says Happy Holidays quite like those did.
Did the hallmark in Severn have them? Nope.
How bout the one in Columbia? Not a chance!
Did I check the one at Arundel Mills? I did, but they don't even HAVE hallmark.

It's a travesty really! How can I greet the people I heart, love, or just kinda randomly like without the proper Holiday Greeting card that plays Holly Jolly Christmas?

And shouldn't Hallmark be universal? I mean, it doesn't just stop with Holiday greeting cards, did you know that NOT all Hallmark's will sell Russell Stover Peanut butter treats?
I was shocked, too.

But in other news, Michael and I are packing up for Washington State. We fly out on Wednesday Morning, bright and early.
I'm excited about actually seeing where he grew up, and well, I've always wanted to go to the Pacific Northwest. I want to drink some coffee and walk in the rain.
He's also promised me a trip to Leavenworth. The bavarian town in Washington, not the prison. And I'm so excited to go there. I simply cannot wait.

As for the flight, I hope for no bumpies. I detest the bumpies. I already have packed my Martha Washington book that I'm reading AND my newest Country Living Magazine. (The one he just bought for me the other night. I've yet to read it, saving it for the air.)

Switching over planes in Minneapolis, city famous for....what are they famous for again? Hopefully we won't get snowed into the airport there. But if we do, don't worry I'll bring you back a zip lock bag of snow for a souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment