Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coldness...and Old Movies (Jan 17, 2009)

It's cold. Unbelievably cold. As in, it's ridiculous that temperatures are allowed to drop to the single digits. I spend my days in double layers. Double layers are ridiculous. TWO pairs of pants, two shirts, the world's heaviest coat etc.. etc.. I feel like the stay puffed Marshmallow man looks. I'm just anxiously going around corners expecting Dan Aykroyd and Rick Moranis to blast me into their ghost busting packs.
In my fruitless battle against the frigidness, I've opted to drink gallons of coffee, hot tea and even once try Campbells chunky turkey pot pie soup (Stray far from this...it's nastiness in a can).
I've also watched a plethora of movies...what else can you do when it's too cold to think?
It all started with Coal Miner's Daughter. And who doesn't love and quote that movie? *Which I watched while eating the aforementioned Turkey Pot Pie Soup o' disgusting-ness.
Then I progressed to Destry Rides Again with Jimmy Stewart. It was a comedy but that was the reason for my howling laughter. It was the terrible acting on Marlene Dietrich part. Gah I love her.
After that came Casablanca, then The Barefoot Contessa (No one can do it quite like Bogey now can they?)
I also glued myself to Stormy Weather. It's hard to watch and not sing along. Uncle Bill is just too lovable..even if I (gasp!) Don't like Cab Calloway too much, Lena Horne makes up for it with her beauty.
So, as you can see, January evenings while Mike is at work, I busy myself with old movies..and well, making a million different kinds of brownies and breads. Who knew there were so many ways to make such deliciousness? I make 'em and send 'em off to work with Michael to share the wealth and in an attempt not to actually become the stay puffed marshmallow man..er woman....
Telling my mom about all the different recipes and such that I've been making on a nightly basis, she said "You aren't pregnant are you?"
I said "Pregnant? NO! Why?"
She said "Just wondering all this baking and stuff you are doing...."
The verdict is No, I am absolutely 100% unpregnant! Whew...
In SATC news...or SJP gossip news...
My dearest boyfriend came busting into the apartment the other day, faux drama all over his face. He said "Did you hear about SJP?"
I said "No..What about SJP?"
He said "You didn't hear? You don't know?"
I said "what is it?"
He said in deliberate drama "She's moving...OUT."
I said "are you serious? How did you hear?"
He said "I read the thing?"
I said "What thing?"|
He said "The thing at superfresh..in line."
I said "What! What did the thing say?"
He said "That she was moving out. I just saw the cover"
I said "Did you buy the thing?"
He said "No. I didn't buy the thing."
I said "Why didn't you buy the thing?"
He said "You know I hate those things."
I said "Did you read the thing?"
He said "Only the cover."
I said "Oh."
Apparently, my man knows I adore SJP enough to at least look at the cover of the gossip magazines he so despises...   

No comments:

Post a Comment