Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mother's Day Dreams and Telephone Calls (May 12, 2009)

Picture it...Mother's day morning. Almost 9am.
I am the picture of snoozing. Lounging there in our glorious sleep number. In a far away dreamland, where my two little favorite girlies and I are playing a game.
The phone rings, in reality, but it doesn't wake me.

What does actually get me to open my eyes is the sound of that precious little voice, of the amazingly precious little girl that I love more than I can express.
Telling me hello.
The machine recorded her voice as it tattle-taled on her big sister. She said "And she took my bracelet. The bracelet you gave me. WITHOUT PERMISSION."

Her little six year old voice speaking with the precociousness of a child seeking justice, being careful to stress the most dramatic words.

At first, I thought she was really here, or the dream was real, or that I was still dreaming. I was in the confused state of waking.

When I realized it was just a message on the machine, warm happiness filled my heart.

I had bed hair, and a big smile.

I crawled back in bed with Mike, as I dialed their dad's number.

He said "We were just talking about you, and wanted to call and say Hi!" They were taking His mom for mother's day breakfast.

I thought it was strange that as I was dreaming of them, they were talking about me.

I spoke to the aforementioned eldest daughter accused of crimes of play jewelry thievery.
She had lost her voice, but told me noless, that our birthday was coming up, and wasn't that exciting?

I told her that yes, it was very exciting. As I thought of her beautiful eyes, I realized, I may never be a mommy, but, I do so love the two of them.

Oh How I love them...

No comments:

Post a Comment